Chocolate Dipped Figs
Servings: 4, 1 entire fig
- 4 Figs, sliced in half
- 75 g Dark Chocolate Chips (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Cut your figs in half and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then place the figs in the freezer for 15 minutes. This is the perfect amount of time for the chocolate to stick properly.
- After your figs have been in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Bring a small pot with 1 inch water to a boil.
- Then in a small glass bowl, (one that will rest onto and into your pot, but not touching the bottom) add your chocolate chips. Then place the glass bowl on top of the pot of boiling water. You do not want the water to touch the glass bowl, so drain some water out if needed.
- Holding the side of the glass bowl with an oven mitt, stir the chocolate chips with a spatula until they melt. This will happen very quickly, continue to stir so your don’t burn the chocolate. The chocolate should be fully melted after 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, leaving the chocolate over the hot water. Grab the try of figs out of the freezer and dip each fig half way into the melted chocolate, then place back on the parchment paper, and sprinkle with a little salt before they begin to cool.
- Once you have dipped all of the figs, place the tray into the fridge until the chocolate has cooled completely. This will take about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on their own, with ice cream, or on top of any of your favorite desserts.
Kcals: 147 / 1.8g P / 22.3g C / 7.7g F
Tip: Chocolate covered figs will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.