Greek Chicken One Skillet Meal
- 18 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (4 medium sized thighs)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 85 g Red Onion, sliced (1/2 a medium red onion)
- 130 g Swiss Chard, chopped (one bunch, or 3 cups chopped)
- 20 g Feta Cheese, crumbled (about 2 tbsp)
- 35 g Kalamata Olives (8-10 olives)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Heat stove top, deep pan with lid to medium heat. While the pan is heating season the chicken thighs on both sides, with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp the avocado oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 4 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Both sides should become golden brown, but the center wont be fully cooked just yet. Turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let the chicken cook for about 3 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- After 3 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken things…these times are based on a 4, 4.5 oz thighs. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Once the chicken thighs are cooked remove them from the pan, leaving all remaining liquid in the pan. You are going to use that to infuse the chicken flavors into the other ingredients.
- Turn the heat back up to medium-low and add your sliced red onions to the pan with the chicken juices. Cook the onions for about 4 minutes until they have soften and absorbed most, but not all of the juice.
- Now add the chopped swiss chard to the pan. Toss the swiss chard with the onions and the remaining chicken juice, toss often until chard has wilted down. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Serve by plating the swiss chard and onions onto a plate, then top with your cooked chicken thighs. Sprinkle your crumbled feta cheese and kalamata olives on top and Enjoy!
Kcals: 461 / 54g P / 11.6g C / 22.3g F