Roasted Garlic Hummus
Servings: 10, about 1/4 cup each
- 70 g Fresh Garlic (Approximately 7 Cloves)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cans Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 56 g Tahini (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1 tsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- First, roast the garlic, pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel off the loose paper around the garlic. But leave the head itself intact with all the cloves connected.
- Trim off the top of the garlic, about 1/4 inch off the top of the entire head, exposing the tops of the garlic
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil over top of the garlic and allow to saturate all the way down the cloves.
- Wrap the garlic in tin foil and place on a baking sheet, in the middle of the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven, the garlic should be soft and you should be able to squeeze it a little. Let the garlic cool for about 5 minutes, just enough for you to be able to handle it.
- While you are waiting for the garlic to cool add: garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 2 tbs olive oil, and water to blender or food processor.
- Your garlic should be cool enough to handle. Using you hand squeeze out 6-7 cloves, the cloves may be mushy and that is fine. Add the garlic to the blender. (If you LOVE garlic, feel free to add more.)
- Blend everything together for 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrap sides down as needed. Blend until you have a consistency you like. (For a creamier consistency add more water, 1 tbs at a time until you have a texture you like.)
- Serve with a dash of paprika, red pepper, and a sprinkle of cilantro on top. Garnish with cucumbers or additional garbanzo beans if you have them.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable, crackers, or pita bread!
Kcals 143 / 6.1g P / 16.2g C / 6.6g F