Beet Noodles with Farro
- 240 g Red Raw Beets, spiraled (2-3 beets)
- 1/2 cup Farro
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil, half for the farro half for the beets
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 30 g Shallot, diced (1 large shallot)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Beet Greens, diced
- 10 g Goat Cheese (about 1 tbsp)
- Heat a small sauce pan to medium heat, once the pan is hot add the 1/2 tbsp avocado oil and farrow.
- Cook the farrow in the oil for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so to prevent burning. We are trying to lightly toast the farro.
- After cooking the farro in the oil add 1 cup chicken stock, and cook the farro on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring ever 2 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed in the farro.
- While the farro is cooking prep your other ingredients: Peel your beets with a vegetable peeler, then with a spiral slicer, spiral each of your beets. Dice your shallots and garlic, and rinse your beet greens then dice.
- Heat a large saute pan with a lid, to medium heat and add 1/2 tbsp avocado oil. Then add your shallots and garlic, cook down for about 3 minutes until your shallots start to become soft, stirring often to prevent burning.
- After 3 minutes add the beet spirals to your saute pan with the shallot and garlic, toss and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add the water to the saute pan and cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. This will cook the beets just enough to soften their texture.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid and add the greek yogurt to the pan. Gently toss the beets into the greek yogurt until well incorporated.
- By now your farro should have absorbed all of the liquid and be ready for plating. Plate by first placing your beet noodles on your plats, then top with your farro.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of goat cheese and diced beet greens. To sprinkle the goat cheese, hold the goat cheese over top of the dish and scrap with a fork, as you scrap with a fork the goat cheese will begin to crumble.
Kcals: 312 / 12.6g P / 49.1g C / 9.2g F