Sweet & Sour Salmon
- 5 oz Salmon Fillet
- 1/2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Mirin Sweet Rice Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Organic Honey
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tbs Kikkoman Sweet & Sour
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seed
- 6 g Scallions, sliced (1/2 a stalk)
- 1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
- 75 g Baby Bok Choy, washed and separated (1 heads)
- 1/2 Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Cook the rice by: Bringing 1/2 cup of water to boil. Add the rice, cover with a lid, and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 20 minutes then remove from heat. Keep covered for an additional 10 minute.
- While the rice is cooking prepare the salmon.
- In a small bowl combine mirin, honey, low sodium soy sauce, sweet & sour, and chili garlic sauce.
- Preheat a medium saute pan with lid to medium heat, add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan. Place the salmon skin side down in the pan. Brush on the sweet and sour sauce mixture. Allow to cook for 3 minutes. Then cover with lid for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking heat a large saute pan to medium heat. Add the bok choy to the pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute. Then drizzle in the additional soy sauce. Cook for approximately 5 minutes turning every 45 seconds or so to prevent burning.
- Plating: Start by putting the rice into a bowl, then top with bok choy, and salmon. Brush the remaining sweet and sour mixture onto the salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
Kcals 484 / 34g P / 36.4g C / 19.5g F