Chicken Mushroom Pesto Pasta
- 10 oz Chicken Breast (1 large breast or 2 medium breasts)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 200 g Fettuccine Noodles (2 large handfuls)
- 100 g Cherry Tomatoes, halved (about 3/4 cups)
- 160 g White Mushrooms, sliced into large chunks (about 2 cups)
- 100 g Spinach (about 2 cups)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 tsp Black
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 5 g Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 6 tbs Pesto
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 3/4 cups Pasta Water
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp the avocado oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 10 minutes on the other side. If using a smaller breast, cook 1 minute per oz per side covered.
- After 10 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 10 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving. Once the chicken is done remove the chicken from the pan but save all the juices in the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking cook your noodles. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a large sauce pot. Once the water is boiling season with salt and add the noodles to the water. Cooking at a rolling boil for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Once noodles are cooked, remove from the heat and strain the water from the noodles. Save 3/4 cups of the pasta water.
- Using the same pan the chicken was cooked in, with all the juices still in the pan, turn the heat to medium low, add diced garlic and pine nuts to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan, arranging them on one side in a single layer covering the pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for another minute.
- Now add the pasta water and pesto sauce to the pan. Stir until well combined and cook for another two minutes 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and spinach to the pan. Toss together until spinach begins to wilt. Then add the pasta and red pepper flake to the pan. Toss again until everything is covered in the pesto sauce. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, tossing every 30 seconds. This will allow the sauce to thicken and begin to stick to the pasta.
- Slice your chicken into bite size pieces, and place on your serving plates.
- Serve by topping your sliced chicken with your pesto mushroom pasta, and sprinkle with a little fresh Parmesan cheese.
Kcals: 428 / 27.4g P / 42.8g C / 17.9g F