Spicy Egg and Arugula Tart
- 1 1/2 cups Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage Links, slice thin on a diagonal
- 25 g Freshly Shredded Gouda (about 1/4 cup)
- 40 g Jalapeno Peppers, sliced thin (1 large jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your large round baking dish or tart pan with non stick cooking spay.
- In a large bowl pour your one and a half cups egg whites. Using a whisk, beat the egg whites for 1 minute to add some air and fluff to the eggs. Then pour the eggs into your baking dish.
- Once your oven has pre-heated, cook your eggs for 7 minutes.
- While the eggs are baking slice your sausage and jalapenos, and shred your gouda cheese.
- Once the eggs have cooked for 7 minutes pull the dish from the oven. (The eggs will not be fully cooked just yet.) Now top the eggs with your sliced sausage and jalapenos, spreading them out evenly in one layer over the eggs.
- Then sprinkle your cheese and black pepper over top. Place the eggs now topped with sausage back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. (Typically chicken sausage has already been cooked and just needs to be heated. Check your chicken sausage packaging, if they have not already been cooked top the eggs with your chicken sausage at the beginning with the initial egg cook.)
- Once the 10 minute additional cook time is up, pull your dish from the oven and immediately top with your arugula.
- Serve and enjoy!
Kcals: 103 / 16.2g P / 1.3g C / 3.5g F