Chicken Arugula and Sweet Onion Salad
- 4 oz Chicken (1 small chicken breast)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 30 g Hearts of Palm, sliced (1, 3 inch stalk)
- 15 g Shallots, diced (about 1 1/2 tbsp)
- 35 g Avocado, sliced (about 1/4 avocado)
- 1 1/2 cups Arugula
- Handful of Micro Greens (Sunflower and Basil)
- 1 tbsp Lite Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing (Kens Steak House)
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp the avocado oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 4 minutes on the other side.
- After 4 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 4 – 5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Remove chicken from the pan and slice into bite size pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking prep all of the other ingredients: Slicing your hearts of palm and avocado, and dicing your shallots.
- Then begin arranging your salad. I like to toss my greens in the dressing so that it is evenly distributed. Do this by placing your arugula in a large bowl with the dressing, then toss together. Transfer the dressed greens to your serving bowl.
- Then top with diced shallots and hearts of palm. Fan out your sliced avocado and sliced chicken breast to arrange in an interesting way.
Kcals: 313 / 28.4g P / 15.7g C / 17.4g F