Zucchini Noodles with Corn Salsa
- 250 g Zucchini, sliced into fettuccine sized noodles (1 large zucchini)
- 1/2 cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 15 g Scallions, sliced (half a stalk)
You can make this dish as just the Zucchini Noodles, or you can top it with my Mexican Corn Salsa. If you would like to top it with the corn salsa as pictured here, please begin my making the Mexican Corn Salsa following my recipe at adashofmacros.com then make the zucchini noodles. Or skip the corn and just enjoy the noodles!
- Prepare your zucchini noodles: Using a mandoline slicer, slice the zucchini into long strips. Then with a sharp knife cut each strip into 3 smaller long strips, about the size of a fettuccine noodle.
- In a large saute pan bring 1/4 cup chicken stock to a simmer. Once simmering add the flour to the pan, stir it around into until the liquid has been completely absorbed by the flour. This is creating a rue.
- Once you have created the Rue, add another 1/4 chicken stock to the pan. Using a whisk, mix the rue into the new chicken stock. At first the rue will break down and add little chunks to the chicken stock but as it continues to cook and you continue to whisk, those little chunks will dissolve and you will be left with a light sauce in your pan.
- Once you have created your sauce, toss the zucchini noodles into the sauce. Cook for only 1-2 minutes tossing gentle to not break your noodles. You are only lightly cooking the zucchini, you want it to still have the uncooked texture, something similar to al dente pasta. But tossing it with the sauce helps to add a little extra flavor to the zucchini.
- Remove the zucchini form the heat and plate it on your serving dish.
- Top with my Mexican Corn Salas.
Kcals: 37g / 2.2g P / 6.9g C / .6g F Zucchini Noodles Only
Kcals: 215g / 9.6g P / 35.1g C / 4.9g F Zucchini Noodles and Corn Salsa