Fajita Chicken Salad
- 4.5 oz Chicken Breast
- 75 g Orange Bell Pepper, sliced (about 1/2 a pepper)
- 50 g Red Onion, sliced (about 1/4 onion)
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 30g Jalapeno, sliced thin
- 30 g Avocado, sliced (1/4 avocado)
- 25 g Baby Spinach (about 1/2 cup)
- 25 g Baby Kale (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil, 1/2 for chicken, 1/2 for pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1 g Cotija Cheese
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper, red pepper, and garlic. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp the avocado oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- After 5 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 4.5-5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cut into bite size pieces.
- While chicken is cooking heat another small saute pan, add the remaining avocado oil. Once the oil is hot toss in the sliced bell peppers and onions. Cook down for approximately 4-5 minutes until just tender.
- In a large bowl mix together the spinach and kale. Then drizzle with the cilantro lime dressing and toss together. This helps to disburse the dressing evenly throughout the salad. Then transfer mixed greens to your serving bowl.
- Plate by arranging sauteed peppers/onions, sliced jalapeno, chicken, tomatoes, and avocado on top of your greens bowl. Finish off by sprinkling with Cotija cheese.
Kcal: 506g / 35.8g P / 21.9g C / 30.4g F