Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 4 oz Chicken Breast (about half a large breast)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 100 g Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- 30 g Peal Mozzarella Balls, quartered (about 1/2 cup)
- 20 g Spinach, torn (1 handful)
- 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp the avocado oil to the pan.
Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- After 5 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 4 – 5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Remove chicken from the pan, saving the pan for later with all the juices.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- While the Chicken is cooking work on the Quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa by filling a medium bowl with 2 cups cool water. Place the Quinoa in the bowl and allow to soak for 3-4 minutes. Then drain the water out of the bowl. Next you will want to rinse the quinoa for another 30 seconds under cold water. This allows the outer shell to open.
- Now you can cook the quinoa. Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat, add 1/2 cup water and the rinsed quinoa to the sauce pan. Cover with a lid and cook on medium high for 15 minutes, until the water has soaked completely into the quinoa.
- Once the quinoa is cooked transfer it to the saute pan that the chicken was cooked in. Turn the stove back on and heat to medium heat.
- Add your cherry tomatoes, spinach, and mozzarella to the pan with the quinoa. Stir together once and then cook for 2-3 minutes. But leave the dish alone, this will allow the mozzarella balls to stay together but begin to melt.
- Once cooked gently transfer to your serving dish, trying to keep the mozzarella balls whole.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of basil.
Kcals: 453 / 37.1g P / 38.3g C / 18.1g F