Berry Compote & Chocolate Yogurt
- 125 g Strawberries, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 40 g Blackberries, halved (about 1/2 cup)
- 15 g Raspberries, halved (about 1/4 cup)
- 30 g Blueberries (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 10 oz Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (1 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Heat a small saute pan to medium low heat.
- Once the pan is hot add all of the berries. Stir the berries together using a hard spatula. You will want to stir the berries consistently to prevent them from burning. As the berries begin to get warm, use the spatula to break up the berries and smash them together. As the berries get warmer they will become softer, allowing you to smash them easier.
- Once you berries have been smashed together add the sugar and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Once your berries are fully cooked and are the consistency of slightly lumpy jelly, remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl stir together yogurt and cocoa powder, mix until well combined. You now have chocolate yogurt! If you would like to make it sweeter, you can use sweetened cocoa. If you would like a more chocolaty flavor, you can add more cocoa powder.
- Transfer the chocolate yogurt into your serving bowl.
Putting it all together:
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of cooled berry compote on top of the chocolate yogurt and enjoy.
- For a cooler treat, once you have topped your yogurt with the berry compote, place it in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour and enjoy!
Kcals: 109g / 15.7g P / 14.3g C / 1.7g F