Chicken Broccoli Power Bowl
- 4 oz Chicken Breast
- 125 g Broccoli, cut into florets (half a head of broccoli)
- 1/4 cup Brown Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 tbs Butter
- 1/2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 g Heirloom Tomato, cut into wedges (about 4 tomatoes)
- 15 g Shallot (half a shallot)
- 1 stalk Green Onion, sliced
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- Bring 1/2 cup water to bowl in a small pot with a lid. Pour rice into the boiling water and turn the temp down to low and cover, cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove the rice from the heat. Season the rice with black pepper, garlic powder, and sliced green onions. Cover and let sit for an additional 10 minutes to allow rice to absorb any remaining water.
- While rice is cooking, heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides. You can use any seasonings you like. My favorite go to combination is: Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Garlic Powder, Dried Onion, and Cayenne. Once the pan if hot, add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 4 minutes on the other side.
- After 4 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving. Slice chicken into bit size pieces.
- While chicken and rice are cooking. Heat a medium sauce pan with about 1 inch of water at the bottom, bring to a boil. Place steamer basket in the sauce pan, making sure water level is below the bottom of the basket. Put the broccoli into of the steamer basket, cover with the lid and cook for 8 minutes. Once done, Broccoli should still have a little crisp to it.Drain the water and remove the steamer basket, toss with butter and season with black pepper.
- Serve by arranging chicken, rice, broccoli, tomatoes in a bowl, then top with shallots.
Kcals 435g / 33.1g P/ 49.6g C / 14.1g F