Chicken & Beet Tzatziki Salad
- 1/4 Cup Beet Tzatziki (follow recipe from A Dash of Macros)
- 4 oz Chicken Brest, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Super Spinach and Baby Bok Choy Mixture
- 25 g Beets, sliced (1/2 small beet)
- 25 g Avocado, cubed (1/4 avocado)
- 10 g Goat Cheese
- 5 g Almonds, sliced (just a sprinkle)
- A few sprigs Clover Sprouts
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sprinkle of Cayenne
- Make the beet tzatziki following my recipe found at adashofmarcos.com
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides; using: Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Cayenne. Once the pan is hot, add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- After 4-5 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 4-4.5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- On a large plate spread your beet tzatziki in an interesting way, then top with your greens.
- Dress salad with: Chicken, Avocado, Beets, sprinkle with goat cheese and almonds. Top with a few springs of sweet pea shoots.
Kcals: 341g / 36.7g P / 11.6g C / 15.4g F