Spicy Chicken Sausage Casserole
- 1 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1/2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cajun Style Andouille Chicken Sausage, diced into small pieces
- 85g Mini Sweet Pepper, diced (a mix of colors, 3 peppers)
- 31g Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, diced (one small jalapeno)
- 45g Shallot, diced (one shallot)
- 1/4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (2% or Low Fat Milk)
Egg Casseroles are my go to breakfast meal prep. I make a different one almost every week, slice it into 4-6 servings and store it in the fridge. In the mornings when I know I need to eat, but don’t have the time, I grab a slice, pop in into the microwave for 45 seconds and BAM, a healthy tasty grab and go breakfast!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat, add the oil. After a few seconds, add diced Sausage, Peppers, and Shallot. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until veggies start to get tender. Then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl pour 1 1/2 cup egg whites. Beat the egg whites for a full minute. The more you beat your eggs the fluffier the casserole will be. You will notice the eggs become frothy.
- Pour sausage veggie mixture into a 9 x 9 inch, lightly greased casserole pan, then top with shredded cheese.
- You will now pour the egg whites over top of the sausage and veggies, making sure to cover everything evenly. Cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the casserole has risen and turn lightly golden brown.
- Cut into portions and serve. Or wait until fully cooled, place slices in a tupperware and store in the fridge…eat all week long!
Kcals 157 / 18.8g P / 3.4g C / 6.3g F