Spicy Black Beans
Servings: 4, about 1/4 cup each
- 1 Can Low Sodium Black Beans
- 15 g Jalapeno Peppers, diced (1 small pepper)
- 25 g Shallot, diced (1 small shallot)
- 85 g Sweet Peppers, Multi Colored, diced (3 small)
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 5 g Cotija Cheese
- Heat a medium sauce pan with lid over medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil. Heat oil for 30 seconds, then add the diced peppers and shallots. Cook down for about 5 minutes then turn heat down to med/low.
- Add canned beans to the pot. Do not drain or rise, add all the ingredients from the can. Stir then cover, and cook for 10 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sprinkled cotija cheese on top.
Kcals 170 / 8.3g P / 24.1g C / 4.3g F