Chicken Fajita Bowl
- 6.5 oz Organic Chicken Breast
- 40 g Avocado, sliced (1/4 an avocado)
- 75 g Yellow Onion, sliced (1/2 an onion)
- 75 g Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced (1/2 a pepper)
- 75 g Orange Bell Pepper, diced (1/2 a pepper)
- 30 g Jalapeno, sliced (1/2 a pepper)
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 g Cotija Cheese (just a sprinkle)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Serving of my Spicy Black Bean Recipe (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, with black pepper, red pepper, and garlic. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp the the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 6 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 6 minutes on the other side.
- After 6 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 6-6.5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- While chicken is cooking heat another large saute pan, add the remaining olive oil. Once the oil is hot toss in the sliced bell peppers and onions. Cook down for approximately 5-8 minutes until just tender.
- In a small sauce pot prepare the Spicy Black Beans according to my recipe, found on this website: adashofmacros.com
- Remove chicken from the pan and cut into bite size pieces.
- Plate by arranging pepper mixture, chicken, beans, and avocado in a bowl. Top with cheese and a few small slices of jalapeno.
Kcals 574g / 54.8g P / 42.7g C / 19.4 g F