Salmon & Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 10 oz Salmon, skin on (2 fillets)
- 2 1/4 cups Cauliflower Gnocchi (Trader Joe’s)
- 50 g Spinach (1 cup)
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Heat two medium saute pans to medium heat.
- While waiting for the pans to heat up, season the salmon fillets with the lemon pepper.
- In both pans drizzle 1/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Then add the salmon skin side down to one of the pans and the gnocchi to the other pan.
- Allow the salmon to cook for 3-4 minutes on the skin side to allow the skin to get crispy.
- Toss the gnocchi in the olive oil, then cook for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, if you forget to stir the gnocchi will stick to the bottom of the pan. After 3 minutes add 1/4 cup water to the gnocchi and cover with a lid, allow to cook for about 5 minutes, lifting lid and stirring every 1 1/2 minutes.
- After the salmon has cooked for 3-4 minutes, check the skin to ensure it is crispy. Also you should notice that the bottom half of the salmon has changed color to a lighter pink, while the top half is still a darker pink. Once the sink has crisped, flip the salmon over in the pan, turn the heat down to low and allow to cook for 4 more minutes. You will know that the salmon is done when the entire fillet is the lighter pink color. If you have a thicker fillet you can also cook it for a minute or so on each of the sides that had not been placed down on the pan. This will ensure the salmon is done. A good cut of salmon can be eaten raw, but most people like their salmon cooked medium. Medium is a light pink on the outside, flaky on the outside, but still a little moist and a slightly darker pink on the inside.
- Remove the lid to the gnocchi, and add the butter to the pan. Toss the gnocchi to the pan and add the spinach. Stir gnocchi and spinach together for about 1 minute, then add the sliced cherry tomatoes. Continue to cook the gnocchi mixture for about 2 minutes, stirring almost consistently.
- Plate the gnocchi mixture in a shallow bowl and top with the cooked salmon.
Kcals: 661g / 32.1g P / 28.2g C / 32.5g F