Chocolate Granola Bar
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1/3 cup Shaved Almonds
- 1/3 cup Organic Golden Flax Meal
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp Almond Butter
- 5 tbsp Syrup (Walden Farm’s, no sugar)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pre-Heat over to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the oats and almonds out on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes to lightly toast. Remove from the oven once they begin to become lightly golden brown.
- After you have removed the oats and almonds from the oven, adjust oven temp to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the toasted oats, almonds, flax meal, salt, and protein powder, stir and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add almond butter, syrup, and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil stirring consistently to prevent burning. Once boiling continue to cook for about 1 minute, then remove from the heat and add to the oat mixture.
- Stir all the ingredients together until well combined. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then stir in the mini chocolate chips. If you add the chips too soon, they will completely melt into the mixture…this is fine, you just wont have melted chips in your bar, your bar will simply be more chocolaty. (This is what happened with mine.)
- I have a pampered chef snack bar tray, but if you do not have a snack bar tray you can use a 9 x 9 baking pan. You will need to line the baking pan with parchment paper. The snack bar tray does not need to be lined and you do not need to grease it.
- Spread the mixture into your baking pan or into the snack bar tray. Press the mixture firmly into each snack bar portion or into the baking pan. Use a spatula to push down firmly to create a flat, even layer, making sure that the mixture gets into each corner and has little to no air pockets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until you notice the edges becoming golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled you can remove the bars from the snack bar tray. If cooked in the baking pan, carefully lift out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into 10 servings.
- You can enjoy these right away or store in a zip-lock bag or Tupperware for up to 1 week in your pantry, or you can freeze them and they will last for about 2 months.
Kcals: 149g / 5.8g P / 15.9g C / 7.8g F