Cauliflower Gnocchi, w/Broccoli & Chicken
- 4.8 oz Chicken Breast (1 medium sized breast)
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cauliflower Gnocchi (Trader Joe’s)
- 75 g Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 30 g Baby Kale (about 1 cup)
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- Heat a stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, using black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked. If not golden, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and cover again for additional 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set chicken aside. Turn the heat off on the pan for a few minutes while you start the broccoli.
- In a medium sauce pot with a steamer basket add about 2 cups of water to the pan, place the steamer basket in the pot, then add cut broccoli, Cover with a lid and steam for 7 minutes.
- In the same pan as the chicken, sat medium heat add the gnocchi and butter, toss in the butter and the juices from the chicken for 2 minutes. Then add the water to the pan and cover for 4 minutes to cook the gnocchi thru.
- Remove the lid and add the baby kale. Stir until the kale begins to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Then add the halved cherry tomatoes and steamed broccoli to the pan, gently toss once and then allow to sit, cooking on medium heat for 1-2 minutes to gently cook the cherry tomatoes.
- While tomatoes are cooking slice the chicken breast.
- Season the gnocchi mixture with red pepper flake, and serve in a bowl, topped with sliced chicken.
Kcals: 365g / 38.1g P / 32.6g C / 17.6g F