Servings: 1, 4 Tacos Ingredients: 4.5 oz Mahi (1 medium fillet) 20 g Red Cabbage, shaved (about 1/4 cup) 4 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced 15 g Shallot, shaved (half a shallot) 2 g Cilantro, chopped (about 2 tbsp) 15 g Jalapeno, sliced (half a jalapeno 35 …
Month: July 2019
Servings: 4, 1/2 Cups servings
- 200 g Cucumber (1 medium cucumber)
- 16 oz Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (juice from half a lemon)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp White Distilled Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- Prep the cucumber, by slicing the cucumber in half longways. Then using a spoon scoop out all the seed from the cucumber.
- Now you will want to grate the cucumber over a napkin or towel. Use a cheese grated to grate the cucumber. Once you have grated both halves of the cucumber top the pile of grated cucumber with another paper towel and squish most of the water out of the cucumber.
- In a large bowl add the grated cucumber, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, vinegar, and chopped dill. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, pita chips, crackers, or anything your heart desires.
Kcals: 84g / 12.9g P / 8.3 g C / .4g F
Servings: 10 (1/4 cup per serving)
- 2 cans Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Anaheim Pepper
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Banana Pepper
- 12 g Garlic (4 -5 cloves)
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1/4 cup Water
- Dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place the three peppers on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and drizzle peppers with olive oil. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until the skin of the peppers begins to blister and darken.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool just enough to touch. Once cooled you should be able to peel the blistered skin off the peppers. Remove the skin from all 3 peppers.
- In a food processor add: beans, peppers, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice. Process while slowly adding the water into the food processor while running. You will want to stop and scrap the sides down as needed. Continue to slowly add the water until you get the consistency you like.
- Sever in a bowl and season with a dash of paprika.
Kcals: 115g / 5.8g P / 17.6g C / 3.3g F
- 540 g Frozen Watermelon (1/4 full watermelon, or 5 cups)
- 12.5 oz Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 oz Simple Syrup
- 3 Sprigs of Mint
- Cut your watermelon into 1-2 inches cubes, then place on a baking sheet and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the watermelon from the freezer and place all but 3 small pieces in a blender. The three small pieces you save are for a garnish later.
- Add the greek yogurt and simple syrup to the blender and blend for 2-3 minutes, stopping and scraping the sides down as needed.
- Sever in your favorite dish, and garnish with a sprig of mint and a chunk of frozen melon.
- Serve immediately for a super creamy treat, or freeze for later. If you freeze it will be a little more icy than creamy and you will want to let it defrost for about 10 minutes before serving.
Kcals: 148g / 12g P / 18.1g C / 0g F
- 1 cup Red Beets (1 medium beet)
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 20 g Protein Greens Mixture (or any mixed greens)
- 2.5 g Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Peel beet with a vegetable peeler, then chop into 1/4 – 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spread beet chunks out onto the tin foil and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together and then spread the beets out so they are not touching.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through cook.
- Once the beets are cooked remove them from the pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- While the beets are cooking work on the Quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa by filling a medium bowl with 2 cups cool water. Place the Quinoa in the bowl and allow to soak for 3-4 minutes. Then drain the water out of the bowl. Next you will want to rinse the quinoa for another 30 seconds under cold water. This allows the outer shell to open.
- Now you can cook the quinoa. Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat, add 1/2 cup water and the rinsed quinoa to the sauce pan. Cover with a lid and cook on medium high for 15 minutes, until the water has soaked completely into the quinoa.
- Once the quinoa is cooked add to the bowl with the beets and mix these two ingredients together.
- Plate your greens and top with the beet and quinoa mixture. Then sprinkle with goat cheese. To do this, scrape your soft goat cheese roll with a fork gently, while holding over your beets. As you scrape small pieces of the goat cheese will crumble onto the beets.
Kcals: 228g / 9.5g P / 41.1g C / 3.3g F
The ABSOLUTE BEST Summer Salad, nothing is more refreshing and nothing screams SUMMER, like a Watermelon Fruit Salad! Using berries and grapes makes this summer salad super easy, less cutting and melon balling! Kick your presentation up a notch and turn your hollowed watermelon into …
Servings: 1 Ingredients: 6 oz Chicken Breast (1 breast) 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 35 g Organic Protein Greens (approximately 1 cup) 80 g Strawberries, sliced (about 3 strawberries) 35 g Avocado, sliced (about 1/4 avocado) 6 g Almonds, sliced (just a sprinkle) 1/2 …
- 6 oz Non- Fat Greet Yogurt
- 75 g Strawberries (about 8 strawberries)
- 4 oz Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Place all but one of the strawberries in a blender. The one you are not putting in is being saved for the topping.
- Add 6 oz non-fat Greek yogurt to the blender.
- Blend the strawberries and yogurt together for about 2 minutes, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed. Blend until smooth and well incorporated.
- Spoon 4 oz, un-blended Greek yogurt into a glass cup.
- Top the regular Greek yogurt with your blended strawberry Greek yogurt.
- Slice one strawberry and fan out, top your Greek yogurt with the strawberry and enjoy!
Kcals: 174g / 30.5g P / 14.1g C / .2g F
Servings: 1 Ingredients: 1 Slice, Thin Multi Grain Bread 30 g Strawberries, sliced (1 strawberry) 30 g Avocado, sliced (1/4 strawberry) 3 g Fresh Goat Cheese (about a teaspoon) Directions: Toast bread in the toaster While bread is toasting slice strawberry and avocado Once bread …
- 4.8 oz Chicken Breast (1 medium sized breast)
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cauliflower Gnocchi (Trader Joe’s)
- 75 g Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 30 g Baby Kale (about 1 cup)
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- Heat a stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, using black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked. If not golden, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and cover again for additional 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 5 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set chicken aside. Turn the heat off on the pan for a few minutes while you start the broccoli.
- In a medium sauce pot with a steamer basket add about 2 cups of water to the pan, place the steamer basket in the pot, then add cut broccoli, Cover with a lid and steam for 7 minutes.
- In the same pan as the chicken, sat medium heat add the gnocchi and butter, toss in the butter and the juices from the chicken for 2 minutes. Then add the water to the pan and cover for 4 minutes to cook the gnocchi thru.
- Remove the lid and add the baby kale. Stir until the kale begins to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Then add the halved cherry tomatoes and steamed broccoli to the pan, gently toss once and then allow to sit, cooking on medium heat for 1-2 minutes to gently cook the cherry tomatoes.
- While tomatoes are cooking slice the chicken breast.
- Season the gnocchi mixture with red pepper flake, and serve in a bowl, topped with sliced chicken.
Kcals: 365g / 38.1g P / 32.6g C / 17.6g F
This blueberry yogurt bowl is not only beautiful, but it is also delicious! You’re going to want to make extra and have this as your snack all week! Ingredients: ¼ cup Blueberries frozen (about20 grams) ½ cup Blackberries frozen (about25 grams) ½ Banana (about40 grams) ¾ cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (about6 ounces) ¼ cup Honey Almond Flax, granola cereal (about30 grams) ¼ cup Blueberries (about20 grams) Instructions: In …