Spicy Shrimp & Sauteed Spinach
- 12 Large Shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 50 g Baby Spinach (about 1/2 a cup)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 15 g Jalapeno Peppers, diced (1/2 pepper)
- 5 g Red Onion, shaved (about 3 very thin slices)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flake
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Heat 2 medium sized saute pans to medium heat.
- Once each are hot add 1/2 a tablespoon butter to each pan.
- Then add half the diced garlic and half the diced jalapeno in each pan, and stir around with the butter.
- In one pan add the shrimp, toss in the melted butter and allow to cook shrimp on one side for about 3 minutes.
- In the other pan at the spinach, toss with the melted butter. Add red pepper flake and continue to toss for about 3 minutes. The spinach will begin to wilt. Turn the heat down to low and allow to sit while you work with the shrimp.
- Stir the shrimp, garlic, and jalapenos around, Then flip each shrimp to the opposite side. Allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until done.
- While waiting for the shrimp to finish, plate the sauteed spinach on a plate. Season with a dash of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Now that the shrimp should be fully cooked, toss them one last time to absorb the flavors from the pan.
- Top the spinach with the cooked shrimp and some of the chard jalapenos and garlic.
- Finish with a few cracks of black pepper, a dash of red pepper flake and garnish with the thinly shaved red onion.
Kcals: 280g / 30.3g P / 11.9g C / 11.1g F