Egg & Avocado Sandwhich
- 100 g Ciabatta Bread, sliced in half (1 roll)
- 1/4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 65 g Avocado (1/2 an avocado)
- 25 g Baby Kale (1/2 cup)
- 50 g Tomato, sliced (2 slices)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Chives
- Dash Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat a medium saute pan to medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan, then push the butter around to melt the butter and coat the pan.
- Add the ciabatta bread, cut side down to the pan, press down slightly into the melted butter. Then allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pan and turn the pan off for a few moments while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl add half the avocado, season with a dash of black pepper, then smash the avocado with a fork. Smash until you get the consistency you like. I like mine a little chunky.
- Spread the smashed avocado onto the bottom half of the ciabatta bread.
- Top the avocado with baby kale and sliced tomato.
- Heat the same saute pan back to medium heat, spray with a little non stick cooking spray.
- Once the pan is warm, crack one egg into the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Until the egg is no longer runny and you are able to flip. Flip the egg and cook the other side for about 45 seconds, just enough to lightly cook, but leaves the yolk a little runny.
- Add the egg to the sandwich, on top of the sliced tomato.
- Garnish with a little cracked black pepper and diced chives.
Kcals: 426 g / 16.1g P / 60.8g C / 22g F