Tomato Gnocchi & Chicken
- 7 oz Chicken Brest (1 large breast)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (half for chicken, half for gnocchi)
- 120 g Cherry Tomatoes, halved (about 12 tomatoes)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Tomato Stuffed Gnocchi
- 50 g Spinach (1 cup)
- 1 cup Bone Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a stove top pan to medium heat, while the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides, using black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…if not golden, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 7 minutes, then flip and cover again for additional 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 7 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- While the chicken is cooking, blister your cherry tomatoes. Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Drizzle a 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil over the tomatoes and season with a dash of pepper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Now that you chicken and tomatoes are underway its time to cook the star of the dish…the Gnocchi. Heat a large saute pan to medium heat. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil to the hot pan and then add the gnocchi. Cook for 2 minutes tossing every 20-30 seconds.
- After 2 minutes push the gnocchi to the side of the pan, add the butter off to the side where there are no gnocchi. Once the butter has melted add the flour. Stir the flour into the butter until all the butter has soaked up by the flour, and is the consistency of wet paste. Then add the chicken broth and almond milk to the pan.
- Stir the Gnocchi, chicken broth, and flour mixture together until well combined, then turn the heat up to high, bringing everything to a boil. Once boiling cook for 3 minutes…stirring consistently. After 3 minutes turn the temp down to a simmer and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan and toss until the spinach has wilted and is evenly disbursed throughout the dish.
- Then finish it off with the blistered cherry tomatoes. Gently toss everything together, being careful not to smash the cherry tomatoes.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Kcals: 449g / 35.9g P / 39.8g C / 15.9g F