Blueberry Quinoa Protein Bars
- 1.5 cups Quick Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa (cooked following package direction, then cooled)
- 2/3 cup Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Syrup (Walden Farms, has zero fat!)
- 3 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cooking rack in the middle of the oven.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. It is always a good idea to have a little overhang, this gives you something to grab onto when you want to remove the food from the pan. Then lightly coat the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients: oats, quinoa, protein mix cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl combine all wet ingredients: milk, apple sauce, syrup, almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Once both mixes are combined, pour the dry mix into the wet mix, about a quarter cup at a time. Mix well and continue to add until all dry ingredients have been incorporated into the wet mix. The consistency will be similar to oatmeal.
- Then you will fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the entire mixture into baking dish, be sure to to press the mix into the pan to remove any air pockets. You can even lift the dish 1-2 inches from the counter and then firmly smack it back down on the counter, be careful but firm. This trick helps to remove the air pockets from the dish. You want to remove the air so your dish doesn’t turn out too crumbly and you are able to cut it into squares.
- Cook for 35 minutes are 350 degrees, or until the top is golden brown and you are able to insert a toothpick and remove it cleanly.
- Once done remove from the oven. Using the overhang of the parchment paper pull the mixture out of the dish. Place on a wire wrack to cool for at least 15 minutes to ensure they set up.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve!
These bars are delicious a little warm, the blueberries are gooey and delicious. Or store them in the fridge for up to a week, eat cold or heat up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. You can even freeze them, they take about 45 minutes to an hour to defrost.
Kcals: 155g / 7.6g P / 21.1g C / 4.7g F