Lemon Chicken & Broccoli
- 16 oz Chicken Breast (2 breasts)
- 215 g Red Skin Potatoes (about 6 small potatoes)
- 250 g Broccoli, cut into bit size pieces (about half a head broccoli)
- 10 g Scallion, sliced (1 stalk)
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Heat a stove top pan to medium heat. While the pan is heating season the chicken breast on both sides with black pepper, red pepper flake, and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot, add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…If not, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough. Then turn the heat to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 7 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 7 minutes on the other side.
- After 7 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast…these times are based on a 8 oz breast. It is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- While chicken is cooking, bring a small pot of water to boil. Add the small red skin potatoes to the pot, whole/uncut. Cook for 12-15 minutes with the lid on, until fork tender.
- In a medium pot bring 2 cups of water to boil. Place a steamer basket into the pot so the broccoli sits above the water and not in the water. If the water is higher than the bottom of the steamer basket drain some of the water out.
- Add the broccoli into the steamer basket and cover, cook for 8 minutes.
- Once the broccoli has cooked from 8 minutes, remove from heat and drain the water. Add 1/2 a tbs butter to the pot with the broccoli, season with a dash of pepper and a few sprinkles of garlic powder. Then toss the broccoli in the pot with the lid on, then plate.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender but not mushy, remove from heat and drain the water. Add 1/2 a tbs butter to the pot with the potatoes, season with salt, a dash of pepper, and red pepper flake. Then toss the potatoes in the pot with the lid on, then plate.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add to the plate. Top with sliced scallions, lemon zest, and squeeze half a lemon over top of the chicken breast.
Kcals 483g / 58.7g P / 35.4g C / 12.5g F