Simple Seasoned Popcorn
- 4 tbsp Popcorn Kernels
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Heat a heavy bottom, large pot with lid to medium heat. Once hot add the oil and the kernels.
- Place the lid on the pot and shack the pot, holding the lid tightly. This tosses the kernels in the oil.
- Continue cooking on medium heat. After a few minutes you will start to hear the kernels popping. Do not remove the lid or they will jump out!
- As you hear them popping continue to shake the pot with the lid on every 15-20 seconds and return to the heat. Continuing to toss the kernels helps to prevent them from burning.
- After about 3-4 minutes of the kernels popping you will begin to hear the popping slow down. Once the time between each pop gets longer, about 5 seconds between pops your pop corn should be done.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute, while you melt the butter.
- Place the tablespoon of butter in a small microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds, until the butter is melted.
- Remove the lid from the pot and drizzle the butter over the popped popcorn.
- Then season with Garlic, Pepper, and Cayenne.
- Return the lid and shake the popcorn around to toss in all the seasonings.
Kcals 97g / 1.4g P / 10.1g C / 6.8g F