Servings: 2 Ingredients: 350 g Frozen Honeydew Melon (1/3 whole melon) Juice from 1 Lemon 1.25 fluid oz Simple Syrup Directions: Cut a whole melon into thirds. Cut the rind off one of the thirds, then cube the melon from that third. Spread the cubed …
Month: June 2019
- 75 g Honeydew Melon (about 1/6 of a full melon)
- 12 g Blackberries (4-5 berries)
- 10 g Kiwi, sliced and quartered (about 1/2 small kiwi)
- 10 g Feta, crumbled (2 tbsp)
- Sprig of Basil
- Slice the Melon into 6 quarter wedges. To do this, cut the melon in half, then cut each half into 3 slices.
- Cut the rind off 1 of the wedges. Then using a mandolin lay the wedge on its side and cut into very thin slices. If you don’t get enough slices with one wedge you have a few more you can use! If you do not have a mandolin you can use a knife, you will just want to make your slices as thin as possible so they are flexible.
- The hard part is done, now to plate! Gently grab one slice of melon and lightly wrap it around your finger to create a ring like a flower. Place it on your plate. Then continue with all of the slices of melon, arranging each ring on the plate in and interesting way.
- Slice your kiwi into thin slices then cut each slice into a triangles like a pizza. Arrange your kiwi on the plate.
- Add the blackberries to your plate where you feel looks visually appealing.
- Then to finish it off, sprinkle with the Feta, and garnish with basil!
Search Honeydew on my website to find additional ways to use the remainder of the melon.
Kcals: 62g / 2.4g P / 9.8g C / 2.5g F
Servings: 1 Ingredients: 2 cups Liquid Egg Whites 5 Cajun Style Andouille Chicken Sausage, diced 1 cup Baby Spinach, torn 30 g Gouda Cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup) Directions: Dice the chicken sausage. Tear the spinach with your hands, removing the long steams. In a …
- 4 tbsp Popcorn Kernels
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Heat a heavy bottom, large pot with lid to medium heat. Once hot add the oil and the kernels.
- Place the lid on the pot and shack the pot, holding the lid tightly. This tosses the kernels in the oil.
- Continue cooking on medium heat. After a few minutes you will start to hear the kernels popping. Do not remove the lid or they will jump out!
- As you hear them popping continue to shake the pot with the lid on every 15-20 seconds and return to the heat. Continuing to toss the kernels helps to prevent them from burning.
- After about 3-4 minutes of the kernels popping you will begin to hear the popping slow down. Once the time between each pop gets longer, about 5 seconds between pops your pop corn should be done.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute, while you melt the butter.
- Place the tablespoon of butter in a small microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds, until the butter is melted.
- Remove the lid from the pot and drizzle the butter over the popped popcorn.
- Then season with Garlic, Pepper, and Cayenne.
- Return the lid and shake the popcorn around to toss in all the seasonings.
Kcals 97g / 1.4g P / 10.1g C / 6.8g F