Turkey & Kale Stuffed Pepper
- 15 oz Lean Ground Turkey
- 50 g Kale, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 40 g Jalapeno, diced (1 pepper)
- 260 g Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers (2 whole peppers)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pouch Frontera Roasted Tomato & Mild Red Chile
- 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Reduced Sodium Chicken Base
- 5 g Dubliner Cheese, shredded (3 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat, then add the olive oil.
- Place the ground turkey and jalapenos in the saute pan. Using a think spatula, break up the ground turkey.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the turkey is about done, add the pouch of frontera sauce. Stir to combine, then cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- While the over is heating up, cut the top of the peppers off and scrap out the seeds to creating a bowl.
- Stuff the peppers with as much of the turkey mixture as possible. Save the extra turkey mixture that did not fit in the pepper in the pan. The last 5 minutes that the peppers are in the oven you will heat up the turkey mixture and serve with the stuffed peppers.
- In a baking dish (I use a glass bread dish) combine the water and chicken base. The chicken base will add flavor and moisture to the peppers as they cook.
- Place the stuffed peppers standing up in the baking dish. Cover the baking dish loosely with tin foil and cook in the oven for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Using thongs carefully pull hot peppers out of the baking dish and place on the plate.
- Add the remaining turkey mixture to the plate in a fun way. I like to make it look like the pepper fell over at the turkey mixture poured out.
Kcals 395g / 55.8g P / 23g C / 7.6g F