- 5 Whole Eggs
- 5 Egg Whites
- 150 g Orange Bell Pepper, diced (1 entire pepper)
- 35 g Jalapeno, diced (1 entire pepper)
- 60 g Shallot, diced (1 Shallot)
- 1/3 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add oil, all the peppers, and onions to the pan. Stirring occasionally for 5 – 6 minutes. Until tender but not mushy. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes
- Using two different medium sized bowl, separate eggs. Putting the 5 egg yolks in one medium bowl, and all 10 egg whites in the other bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks for about 30 seconds and then add in the peppers and onions.
- Beat the egg whites for about 2 minutes, by hand, you want to get a good amount of air into the egg whites. You will notice very small bubbles.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolks and peppers. Do not stir, simply fold in a few times.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased pan: 9″ x 12″glass baking dish or a 10″ circle tart pan. You will notice the small bubbles from the egg whites on top of the mixture in the pan. This helps to create a fluffy consistency.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the top starts to turn a golden brown color.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and cut into 6 servings and serve.
- If you plan to refrigerate and eat later allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge.
Kcals 90g / 8.1g P / 4.3g C / 4.2g F