Servings: 4, appropriately 1/2 cup
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 50 g Shallot, diced (1 medium shallot)
- 15 g Sweet Red Pepper, diced (1 small pepper)
- 20 g Jalapeno, dice (1 medium pepper)
- 50 g Avocado, sliced (half an avocado)
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook corn on the cob for 8 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking prep all the other ingredients as listed above: slicing and dicing.
- Once corn is cooked remove from heat, drain the water and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Using a large knife remove the kernels from the ear.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat, drizzle oil in pan and add the peppers and onions. Allow the peppers and onions to cook down for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the corn and tomatoes to the mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the avocado, cook for 1 more minute stirring all ingredients together.
- Serve as a side dish to your favorite Latin meal or tacos!
Kcals 207g / 5.4g P / 36.7g C / 7.1g F