Spinach, Mushroom & Feta Casserole
- 5 Whole Eggs
- 5 Egg Whites
- 100 g Mushrooms, diced (approximately 10 small mushrooms)
- 50 g Spinach, chopped (1 cup)
- 45 g Feta, crumbled (approximately 1 tbsp)
- 50 g Shallots, diced (1 medium sized shallot)
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat a medium saute pan, to medium heat. Drizzle the olive oil in the pan, then add: mushrooms, and shallot. Cook down about 5 minutes. Then add the spinach and feta, cooking an additional 2 minutes, stirring consistently. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl crack 5 full eggs and 5 egg whites. Beat the eggs until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Then add the cooled mushroom and feta mixture to the egg, mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly spray coated pan. I like a large tart pan, or you can use a 9″ x 12″ casserole pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and cut into six servings and save for the grab and go breakfast! Heats up in 30-45 seconds in the microwave!
Kcals 107g / 10.6g P / 3g C / 6g F