Mahi Mahi on a Bed of Heirloom Tomatoes & Farro
- 6 oz Mahi Mahi
- 100 g Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 Cup Dry Farro
- 1/4 tsp Reduced Sodium Chicken Base (Better than Bouillon)
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- In a small saute pan bring 1/2 cup water to boil. Once boiling add farro and chicken base. Put the lid on the pot and let cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Remove lid and turn heat down to simmer and allow to cook for 5 more minute, stirring until the water has evaporated. Season with half of the garlic powder and a few cracks of pepper.
- While the farro is cooking, season the mahi with the lemon pepper and half of the garlic power. Heat a medium saute pan at medium heat and drizzle olive oil into the pan. Place the mahi in the pan and allow to cook for 3 minutes on each side. Squeeze lemon over-top of the fish during the last 1 minute of cook time to allow it to saturate the fish, giving it a fresh lemon flavor.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and toss in the remaining black pepper.
- Plate the farro on a long plate, top with tomatoes, then place the mahi on top, I like to slice my mahi into smaller pieces after cooking it.
Kcals 374g / 38.6g P / 37.9g C / 9.9g F