Warm Cod Ceviche w/Okra & Sweet Potatoes
- 12 oz Alaskan Cod, cut into large chunks
- 135 g Sweet Potatoes, diced
- 135 g Okra, halved
- 10 g Red Onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tbs Butter, no salt added. Halved into 2 1/2 tbs.
- .5 tsp Black Pepper
- Dash of Salt
- Place Cod chucks in a large bowl and season with lemon pepper and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Allow to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- While fish is marinating, bring about 2 cups water to boil in a medium sized pot, add sweet potatoes. Boil for approximately 10 minutes, until fork tender but not mushy.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Melt 1/2 a tablespoon butter into pan, then place Okra cut side down, cook for 3-4 minutes until Okra starts to brown. Stir and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes on low heat.
- Now its time to cook the fish. Heat a medium saute pan with lid over medium heat, melt the remaining 1/2 tbs butter in the pan. Add the marinated fish and all lemon marinade into the pan. Stir for 30 seconds, then place the lid on pan and turn heat down. Cook for 3 minutes, stir and return lid for another 1 minute.
- Toss okra and sweet potatoes together and season with salt and pepper.
- Plating: Put the okra and sweet potatoes into a bowl and top with the cooked fish, a few drizzles of the lemon liquid, and sprinkle with sliced red onion.
Kcals 227g / 27.1g P / 20.5g C/ 2.8g F